Diligence

An Everquest Tunare/Seventh Hammer Guild
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:22 am 

I can't even begin to say how wonderfully astonished and pleasantly surprised I was to discover that Diligence remains as strong and vibrant as ever! Coming across this website and reading my words that were written nearly a decade ago is surrealism at its finest.

My fondest memories associated with MMORPGs and the online community are all firmly entrenched inside this guild -- with all those amazing people who made it possible. Although I will always have reservations in the manner to which I retired from EverQuest, I will never lament the adventures and relationships that were forged from bringing so many diverse and dynamic friends together. The very fact that men such as Ragaroth and Rommuluss continued this tradition, together with a new generation of ambitious and intrepid gamers, is a real testament to what Diligence has become.

If I had to do it all over again, I would. In a heartbeat. Well, perhaps with a little less angst, and a lot more consideration to the bigger picture. Friendship. Loyalty. Faith. The really good stuff.

Raelface, Baraniel and I remain good friends and in touch with one another, and we continue to reminisce with starry-eyed nostalgia on those early days of online gaming. Although we've all moved on with our respective lives, Diligence cannot be forgotten for what it was and shall remain, nor are we able to ignore this awesome legacy if we tried. All I have to do is take a quick gander at everything that's been accomplished, along with those early pictures from our 2001-2003 gatherings to appreciate just how much this guild means to people, and why it still exists -- as it should!

To those of you who still remember your enigmatically gregarious leader, I bid you a genuine and heartfelt salute. To this day, I still find myself chuckling at the thoughts pertaining to our early Kabald/Diligence BBQs, and know that so many of you were destined for truly wonderful things in this world. I only hope that most of you have found the happiness and success you deserve. It's not an easy world to live in, and knowing that Diligence always offered a 'sanctuary' in times of adversity and strife, well... that makes it all worthwhile in the end, doesn't it?

A warm greeting to every one of you, with genuine respect and sincere admiration. Bravo, for doing something exceptional, and for being extraordinary in all your achievements! You make me thankful that I was a part of this journey, and that I had something to offer...once upon a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:17 pm 

Thanks for making Dili.

Last edited by Polyamorous on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:17 pm 

I win at computers.

Last edited by Polyamorous on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:45 pm 

It’s great to hear from you, Gediminas. This is Inoki. I main changed from my druid to a wizard. Anyways, I’d have to say that the game feels more casual now than ever but it seems to age well with the rest of us.

Rommuluss has been doing a great job considering the bullshit drama this guild can produce. He holds it together well. Ragaroth pops in from time to time to harass the sensitive types but that’s about it.

We are about to start on a new expansion and from the looks of it we will have our hands full for a while. At least we hope…

Tell Raelface that Mana Burn still sucks and Baraniel that a druid’s only worth is to heal these days.

Stay frosty,
Athgaurd AKA Inoki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:45 pm 

-= Gediminas =- !

Good to hear from you. I still get together with a few old guildies as well, I'll see Luan and Leeran this weekend in fact. I still dream of making a fourth (or fifth?) comback, but no time yet.

And yes, Leeran is still drinking, and still gay.

Ftalten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome back Gedi and it's good to hear your words yet again. Those days seem so long ago...

Say hi to Bara and Rael for me. I used to talk to them infrequently on chat, but I don't think I've seen either on recently.

Ft! You're getting together with Lee and Luan this week and you didn't invite me? My feelings are hurt! Actually I'll live....I'm volunteering all day both days at Legoland and I have Ajack's holiday party tomorrow night. ;-)

Daine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:55 pm 

Well, your as erudite as ever---perhaps more so. The years have only enhanced your ability to communicate effectively what many of us know, believe and trust.

From time to time, we reminisce about those golden years. Few remain playing, but those, such as myself, who were there in the beginning, still feel a sense of gratitude and wonder, when we recall they 'heady' days of Gediminas/Raelface/Baraniel/Ragaroth and the whole crew who began this grand adventure.

I trust your life has been well spent, successful and happy, Gedi. Someday, I too, will join the lofty realm of retired heroes.....but not yet!

We will never forget, and endeavor to keep the Diligence tag one of honor and integrity to the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:06 am 

Good stuff Ari, good stuff. Yeah we really did have some good times. Any chance of posting those pics from Toronto? I would love to have a set of them. Especially since those bastard Mounties perma-banned me from ever returning to the fine city of Toronto. :P I lost everyones MSN's so Iv'e been out of touch.

Maybe you can PM me yours I would like to hear from you more often. And yeah leeran is dirtier than ever. We logged on the other day and he managed to aggro half of PoE on top of me while I was setting up my UI. *&^%(^&%()^&*%(&* Lets get in touch and play some MoH one night. Say hello to Bara and Mr. Snotbag for me. BTW has anyone heard from Terial?

peace out kk la~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:31 am 

Hey all. Reading through this thread is something else. To think it's been a decade now. And to see every post here a familiar name (well, except for one). I'm afraid to even begin striking up a conversation with even just one of you, as it would begin a neverending exchange (wow, ten years!), so I'll just keep it short. I just had to post at least something here and wave! I miss you all!

P.S. Arawn said to take the boat fuckos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:25 am 

Let'a get the band back to together.

I'll bring the booze.

Helmm is still married to Clarea.

Shout out to Team Primal...

Talios I know you are LURKING!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:43 am 

Hmm, sounds like a love fest when Lua, Leeran, and Ft get together!
Bonds were made and forged through the years from this guild, recently Mosnar and I went into business together, he is the chef at the restauarant at the Japanese Gardens I run in Rockford Il. I have to watch it and not call him Mos all the time and call for a CH. But if we had not met in game and in person all those years ago, it never would have happened.

Hope everyone is well and have a great holiday season.

Altorr

PS.
Leeran sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:31 pm 

You retired slackers need to come back...

Primal for life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:17 pm 

Hey Altorr. That's freaking awesome. Tell him I miss his cheesecake--it was his cheesecake, afterall, that turned me. Me and Frank still joke about that .

at the hotel suite
people: Hey Plat, try some of this cheesecake
me: naw, i don't like cheesecake
people: you just try a piece
me: alright fine, gimme a piece. *small pause* god damn this is good.

Me, Arawn, and Sladen till game together, along with a bunch of other folks, so primal is still kicking. We even have a primal channel haha!

4oscar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Well Sladen should be poking his head in soon! ;-)

Platipuss!! Tell Arawn to poke his head in here too! Hmmm... :-/

Altorr...still cold in Chicago??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:14 am 

Team Primal for lyfe yo.

HAi Daine ! and all you old faces pretty surreal to know this guild is still going and even more so with some people who's name i recognize.