Diligence

An Everquest Tunare/Seventh Hammer Guild
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Old Timers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:12 pm 

SO....I see quite a few character names from when I last played 5 years ago....whom are the same persons playing those mains from Forged Souls? I see a few others that I recognized although we never shared the same guild tag.

Although not my interest anymore, I am pleased to see players continuing to enjoy EQ.

Post subject: Re: Old Timers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:39 pm 

/hugs Menien

It's still a lot of us old folks, including me and Titaan. While we don't get to raid as much as we'd like, we're still a couple of addicts when it comes to EQ! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:09 pm 

After chatting in game with Patai, Titaan, and Kaemuu, I am not ruling out playinga again. EQ will stick around and I got a free Silver membership, just need to put together some bucks for expansions that will raise my level cap; one range at a time as my personal resources are MUCH more limited than pre-2008.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:27 pm 

Hmm.... http://www.everquest.com/faq says "Your max level is limited by the expansions you own. House of Thule™, which comes with Free accounts, is limited to level 90. With the Veil of Alaris™ expansion, which can be purchased separately, you can level up to 95." So this sounds like to me I can work from 80-90 without buying an expansion and that I should have Thule already (have not checked my account for it). My last expansion that I purchased was Secrets of Faydwer in Jan 2008.

Oh yeah I see this now also, their membership matrix - http://www.everquest.com/free I have free expansion access up to House of Thule and thus level 90.

Fascinating. Are those UI sites still active with good interfaces to download? Default was clunky back then and moreso now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:32 am 

eqinterface.com still good

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:47 am 

Mindrotter wrote:
eqinterface.com still good

Thanks, I couldn't remember the name off hand but that is it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:37 am 

someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think if you get the current expansion it includes all others.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:02 pm 

yeah nok if you're a gold member, he was talking about silver/bronze or whatever

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:13 pm 

Mindrotter wrote:
yeah nok if you're a gold member, he was talking about silver/bronze or whatever

SOE offers "free", "silver", and "gold" for EverQuest. I have played EQII and Vanguard as well but don't believe I bought any expansions of those two games. I noticed yesterday they are available for free play and "gold" upgrade purchasable; I even finished install and logged into both of them. I don't know if there are three levels of "choose how you play" in those game like EQ, but they offered at least the full "gold".

If I choose to later buy the last EQ expansion to go beyond level 90 and up to 100, do I need to subscribe to the "gold" level? Could a person max out as level 100 and a "gold" level member then drop down to "silver" without losing levels 91-100? Being a returning veteran like so many, my "silver" level is free. But, what if I purchase the "gold" level then drop down to "silver" .... would they charge me $5 to keep silver or would it go back to being free?

There's probably forums on EQ/SOE sites for this but it would also likely take many hours to scour through it and find the answers, plus I'd rather hear from ol' pals.

Last edited by Menien on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:40 pm 

if you're anything but gold you practically have no gear so playing is useless

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 pm 

Mindrotter wrote:
if you're anything but gold you practically have no gear so playing is useless

The membership matrix states that Free and Silver memberships cannot use prestige items, which didn't exist anyways when I last played, but does not state any other item restrictions. The matrix lists limitations in bag slots, AA's, and all spells are rank 1.

What do I not understand which makes game play useless without gold memberhip?

It does make a lot of sense to me when talking about successful mid to upper tier raiding. AA's back then and likely more so now mean a LOT towards defeating events, as well as every point of heal, buff, debuff, and damage from spell ranks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:18 pm 

Just about every peice of raid gear from raids many years past are prestige, and all group gears are prestige, augs you name it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 pm 

Mindrotter wrote:
Just about every peice of raid gear from raids many years past are prestige, and all group gears are prestige, augs you name it.

So that's what prestige items encompass. Thanks. Raid gear was expected.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:43 am 

Was feeling nostalgic surprised to see so many names I remember. I never thought EQ 1 would go free to play but after reading through the comments doesn't look like the game works free to play very well. Are the new expansions any fun ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:41 pm 

Hey Fienris! Lots of dying, and that's always a good thing right? Collectible farming gives us something to do in our downtime. Should log in and see what's up! ;-)