Diligence

An Everquest Tunare/Seventh Hammer Guild
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aezar Special Request
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:48 am 

Hello and please excuse this interruption but I have a question only someone here might hopefully answer.
My husband was Aezar, a ShadowKnight on Everquest. He started playing soon after we were married and 3 children later - Everquest was still his
stress relief from his real life job as an attorney. My husband passed away completely unexpectedly in February 2013. This morning our son who is 12 now asked me a question about the game Dad used to play - which led me here.

So my special request is - if anyone is here that used to play when Aezar did - would you post a message for our son Luke. Also, I've been searching online for a battle that Michael showed me once. It was so long ago but a group had gathered online for a memorial service for a colleague when they were attacked out of the blue. The idea to attack folks at their most vulnerable was morally wrong but tactically quite shrewd and kind of amusing. My husband Michael loved it - and I'd really like to show Luke.

Thanks in advance for reading and for any info.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:57 am 

I just noticed Aezar's last login on this site was Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 5:18 am
Michael had just gotten back from China. He died On February 1, 2013.

The last sentence in Michael's obituary was a quote from his favorite childhood book - it seems appropriate to leave here for those who fought with Aezar.
"The story is one that you and I will construct together in your memory. If the story means anything to you at all, then when you remember it afterward, think of it, not as something I created, but rather as something that we made together." Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

I will check for messages here but will not interrupt with a post again. Thanks -

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:06 pm 

Hello Mrs. Aezar and Luke,

First I would like to say how very sorry I am to hear about Aezar. I am currently the guild leader for Diligence, but was the recruiting officer when I first met him. He and I would chat alot and I always enjoyed our chats, his sense of humor, his intelligence, and his view of the real life world and the Everquest world.

Our guild is no longer an active guild. So many of our members have moved on to other guilds or servers, or no longer play. With the game being around for so many years, it's inevitable that real life will take over at some point. I'm afraid there are not very many people around anymore, so I don't know how many will respond to your request. I am not familiar with the battle you describe sadly. I wish I could help with that.

Again, my sincere condolences with your loss and I extend my sympathy to you and your family, and all those who knew Aezar. I will keep your family in my thoughts.

Sincerely,
Aaddarya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:59 am 
Site Admin

Dar Mrs. Aezar and Luke!

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband and dad. As Aadd has already posted, Everquest was a huge stress relief for so many people for so many years.

I myself played for around 9 years I believe and I have a son who will be turning 15 this month. I am also the webmaster for the guild website. I took a hiatus from Everquest in 2008 and came back in 2010 (and retired permanently on Feb 1, 2012), right before Aezar joined. I chatted with Aezar occasionally and loved the social aspect of the game.

With respect to the video you were looking for, was it possibly this WoW video? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw)

Best Regards,
Daine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:13 pm 

Very sad to see this .. I played a cleric for over 12 years. Aezar started with me in a Guild called Free Sprited in 2000 or so - Later we both moved over to a guild called Riders of the Apocalypse before joining Diligence. I will never forget the Years I spent with him, as I was in the Army in Germany most of the time we played- and he kept me company. He was a very good friend.

Ralf